Heroes and Legends Pack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» dire - medieval fantasy RPG
~Wolf Facts~ I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2015 6:22 am by Guest

» Lions of Valoria
~Wolf Facts~ I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 8:25 pm by Guest

» Age of the Wolves
~Wolf Facts~ I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 10:14 pm by Guest

» Vuerris // Semi-Realistic Wolf RolePlay //
~Wolf Facts~ I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 8:55 pm by Guest

» Wolf Valley | Literate, Realistic Wolf RP
~Wolf Facts~ I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 1:42 am by Guest

» VITALITY. fantasy multi-animal rp.
~Wolf Facts~ I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 8:37 am by Guest

» Incandescence | V2 | - we moved!
~Wolf Facts~ I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 5:29 am by Guest

» I Soons and you
~Wolf Facts~ I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 6:42 pm by Soons121

» Eden's Inferno - animal and anthro RP!
~Wolf Facts~ I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 12:40 pm by Vearn

~Wolf Facts~

Go down

~Wolf Facts~ Empty ~Wolf Facts~

Post by Kimbra Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:54 am

~Wolf Facts~ Grey-wolf_565_600x450

Wolves are the largest members of the dog family. Adaptable gray wolves are by far the most common and were once found all over the Northern Hemisphere. But wolves and humans have a long adversarial history. Though they almost never attack humans, wolves are considered one of the animal world's most fearsome natural villains. They do attack domestic animals, and countless wolves have been shot, trapped, and poisoned because of this tendency. Heroes and Legends haven't had any contact with humans yet.

Wolves live and hunt in packs of around six to ten animals. They are known to roam large distances, perhaps 12 miles (20 kilometers) in a single day. These social animals cooperate on their preferred prey—large animals such as deer, elk, and moose. When they are successful, wolves do not eat in moderation. A single animal can consume 20 pounds (9 kilograms) of meat at a sitting. Wolves also eat smaller mammals, birds, fish, lizards, snakes, and even fruit.

Wolfpacks are established according to a strict hierarchy, with a dominant male at the top and his mate not far behind. Usually this male and female are the only animals of the pack to breed. All of a pack's adults help to care for young pups by bringing them food and watching them while others hunt.

Wolves develop close relationships and strong social bonds. They often demonstrate deep affection for their family and may even sacrifice themselves to protect the family unit.

(Our breeding and birthing is all year round but I love wolf facts so I'll add this anyway) Wolves have only one breeding season per year - in the winter. They have their puppies in late April or early May. They have their puppies in an underground hole, or den. There are usually four to six puppies in a litter. The puppies grow up fast and are their adult size by the end of their first winter. They are grown up by the time they are two years old.

A wolf which has been driven from the pack or has left of its own accord is called a lone wolf.  It avoids contact with packs and rarely howls.

The grey wolf has been the notorious villain of fables and fairy stories for centuries, yet this highly intelligent and sociable animal has done little to warrant its terrifying reputation.

I hope this helped everyone learn about wolves.

All thanks to National Geographic - I used this with their permission. I also used some of my own personal knowledge but a HUGE thank you to National Geographic. I can't believe they actually replied to my request. Haha.
Kimbra
Kimbra
Alpha
Alpha

Lunas : 6

https://heroesandlegendspack.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down